Angela “Angie” H. Smith a member of Gregory Doyle’s Litigation Practice, represents clients across a broad spectrum of legal matters. Her practice focuses on general liability defense, particularly representing self-insured companies in the realm of insurance defense. She has extensive experience representing business owners in small and large litigation matters in both the State and Federal Courts of Georgia.
Ms. Smith has experience defending business owners in cases involving claims of premises liability and general negligence. She has represented general contractors and subcontractors in construction litigation cases and has represented clients in business disputes involving contract interpretation, intellectual property disputes, and employment disputes.
Ms. Smith’s clients include large retailers, software developers, general contractors, property developers, consulting businesses, commercial trucking companies, and insurance companies.
NOTABLE CLIENT HIGHLIGHTS
Some of Ms. Smith’s recent notable client highlights include:
- Successfully representing a software development company in a trade secret action in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Winning Summary Judgment for a retailer in a premises liability action pending in the Northern District of Georgia
- Successfully defending a contractor in a negligent construction case and products liability action in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Winning Summary Judgment on a matter first impression involving the Georgia Apportionment Statute in the State Court of Fulton County and having that judgment upheld by the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Georgia
- Winning Summary Judgment on behalf of product manufacturer and arguing successfully before the Georgia Court of Appeals that the judgment should be upheld.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Tort & Insurance Law Section
- Intellectual Property Section
- Cobb Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Construction Law Chairperson
- Active Member, Marietta First United Methodist Church
- Member, Board of Trustees
- Past Member, Junior League of Cobb-Marietta
- Member of the Board, League Publications Chair
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Contributor, Georgia Handbook on Foundations and Objections, by Neal W. Dickert (Fall 2003).
- Author, “Recent Developments in Georgia Construction Law”, Georgia Defense Lawyers Association Law Journal (2014)
- Speaker, “Daubert and You: Expert Witness Standards in Georgia State and Federal Courts”, ICLE presentation of Georgia Evidence Foundations and Objections (Winter 2009)