The manufacturing sector is one of the cornerstones of the United States economy. The firm’s manufacturing clients make and sell a wide variety of products, from highly specialized industrial equipment to commercial food products, to toys and other novelty items for consumer use.
While some of our manufacturing clients have only a single local plant, many of our clients have manufacturing facilities and operations across the U.S. and the world.
Gregory Doyle’s corporate, litigation and employment attorneys work together to assist manufacturing companies in all aspects of their business and operations. Our corporate attorneys assist our clients with developing standard contracts and terms, conditions and warranties for the purchase and sale of goods; establishing joint ventures and other contractual relationships with suppliers, wholesalers and other business partners, intellectual property and licensing matters, and advising on compliance and regulatory matters. Our labor and employment attorneys assist the firm’s clients in managing large labor forces often working in an environment where accidents are, unfortunately, bound to happen. And our litigation attorneys work with the firm’s clients to resolve disputes with suppliers and customers when issues with defective of non-conforming goods or other disputes arise.
We regularly counsel our clients on economic and tax incentive opportunities for manufacturers offered by local, state and federal governments to help them maximize the return on their investment. Our attorneys also have significant experience representing both buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions among manufacturing companies and assisting with corporate governance matters.
NOTABLE CLIENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Represented food processing company with significant expansion, including forming a strategic alliance with multiple suppliers, acquiring assets and facilities from competitors, entering new areas of operation as well as navigating operational, managerial and contractual risks arising from rapid expansion.
- Obtained multi-million dollar arbitration award on behalf of food processing company in breach of contract action against a supplier.
- Represented Hong Kong-based manufacturer with purchase of U.S. patent portfolio and other intellectual property and establishment of joint venture for the international manufacture and distribution of office furniture.
- Represented local building products company in connection with $13 million dollar sale to a national competitor controlled by an international private equity fund.
- Represented European-based manufacturing company in $7 million dollar acquisition of U.S.-based competitor.
- Represented several U.S.-based manufacturers in connection with establishment and operation of special purpose entities to sell goods overseas and obtain favorable tax treatment for such sales.
- Represented California-based aircraft equipment manufacturer in acquisition of Georgia-based competitor and provided ongoing business and legal advice in connection with rapid expansion of newly acquired Georgia operations.
- Represented three majority owners of metal fabrication company in connection with $2+ million dollar buyout of dissident minority shareholder.
- Represented local manufacturer of specialized flooring systems in connection with corporate governance, real estate, zoning, contractual and employment matters.
- Represented manufactures of toys and novelty items in connection with licensing, trademark and intellectual property issues, including obtaining licenses with content providers and resolving allegations of infringement by others.