The healthcare industry is one of, if not the, most highly regulated industries in the United States at both the state and federal level, but is also changing rapidly.
The firm’s healthcare clients include medical practices of all sizes, large hospital groups, medical IT companies, imaging centers and senior living and nursing home facilities. Gregory Doyle’s attorneys have a hands-on understanding of the unique issues facing healthcare companies and work closely with clients in all sectors of the healthcare industry to provide practical and effective legal and business solutions.
Our industry knowledge allows us to structure transactions and relationships that meet our client’s strategic business goals and still comply with state and federal healthcare laws. Our attorneys have extensive experience in assisting business owners and healthcare companies to select and form the appropriate business entities; putting into place effective corporate governance, regulatory and financial controls, documenting contractual and other business relationships and negotiating, drafting and executing on joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and other business relationships.
We also provide our clients with creative solutions and business advice for complying with the myriad of complex healthcare laws and regulations, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, other federal and state referral laws, Georgia Certificate of Need matters, HIPAA and the HITECH Act, Medicare and Medicaid regulations and the Georgia Medical Practice Act, among others.
NOTABLE CLIENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Represented major regional not-for-profit hospital system in connection with employment, contractual, real estate acquisition and development and zoning matters.
- Represented owners of multiple MRI and CIT-imaging centers in $20 million dollar sale to major regional, not-for-profit hospital system.
- Represented multiple physician practices in connection with permitting, acquisition, development and sales of ambulatory surgical centers.
- Represented sellers in connection with $13 million dollar sale of their healthcare and pharmaceutical supply business.
- Represented owners of assisted living facilities in multiple sale and leaseback transactions with multi-billion dollar, publicly traded REITs, in excess of $50 million dollars.
- Represented start-up companies and investors in healthcare technology companies, including software developers, technology providers and investors and developers of new medical devices and equipment in all aspects of business and operations.
- Represented physician in connection with formation of long-term joint venture with national dialysis provider.
- Represented leading medical device testing and accreditation company in negotiating exclusive provider agreement with one of the world’s leading manufacturers of healthcare equipment.
- Represented buyers and sellers in connection with purchases and sales of durable medical equipment distributors in strategic transactions ranging from $1 million to $15 million.
- Represented dozens of medical and dental practices in connection with corporate governance, ownership, employment, real estate and contractual matters.