Gregory Doyle’s attorneys assist local, regional and national firms in the financial services industry on a wide variety of transactional, risk management, regulatory licensing and compliance and dispute resolution matters.
Over many years, our attorneys have developed a sophisticated practice representing broker-dealers and investment advisory firms in restrictive covenant, trade secret and employment matters, representing firms and their employees. Our attorneys have litigated cases in a dozen states and have served as lead counsel in hundreds of FINRA and AAA arbitration proceedings. We have obtained defense verdicts for clients accused of trade secrets theft and breaches of their fiduciary duties and obtained multi-million dollar awards on behalf of employees who have been wrongly terminated and defamed by their former employers.
In addition, our transactional attorneys have significant experience representing banks, broker-dealers, credit unions, insurance companies and investment advisory firms in loan closings, mergers and acquisitions, fiduciary practice, employment matters, loan workouts, and general corporate and contractual issues.
NOTABLE CLIENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Represented local de novo bank in connection with formation, capital raise and other start-up matters.
- Represented investment advisory firm in connection with sale to publicly-traded, United Kingdom-based insurance and investment group for over $50 million.
- Regularly provide counsel and advice on corporate governance, employment, regulatory and compliance matters to local and regional wealth management and investment advisory firms.
- Represented dozens of lenders in connection with closing of hundreds of secured and unsecured commercial loans.
- Obtained FINRA arbitration award in excess of $4 million on behalf of financial advisor in U-5 defamation claim brought against former employer.
- Obtained AAA arbitration award in excess of $3 million on behalf of minority shareholder in investment advisory firm after wrongful termination by former partners.
- Represented mezzanine lenders in formation of investment vehicles, capital raising and making, negotiating and collecting on unsecured and under secured loans.
- Represented businesses and individuals in connection with restructuring and workout of more than $100 million in loans secured by residential development, commercial and industrial projects.
- Defended regional automobile finance company in investigation by Georgia Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs in client’s business practices with no penalties or adverse action being taken against client.
- Served as general counsel to large, local insurance group with multiple lines of business including managing general agent, premium finance company and captive insurance provider on contractual, compliance, corporate governance, employment, financing, regulatory and tax issues.
- Represented regional broker-dealer in acquisition of investment division from troubled bank holding company.