Joseph B. Alonso, a member of Gregory Doyle’s Litigation Practice Group, has a national practice litigating disputes over employee raiding, intellectual property, trade secrets and non-compete agreements in courts and arbitration.
Experienced in technology, he regularly handles cases involving computer forensics and electronic theft claims. He also routinely represents financial advisors and financial services firms.
Notable Client Highlights
Mr. Alonso has won multiple, multi-million dollar awards for clients. Some of Mr. Alonso’s recent notable arbitration awards include:
- Successfully obtaining a multi-million dollar award for client: Lance R. Beck v. SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, LLC, FINRA Case No. 08-02482.
- Obtaining a favorable result for a client: RBC Dain Rauscher v. Stephens, Inc., et al. FINRA Case No. 04-015322.
- Non-competes found unenforceable under Georgia law: Citigroup Global Markets, Inc. v. David W. Mulford, 2007 NASD Arb. LEXIS 1089, Case No. 06-03794.
- Successfully resolving a dispute in clients’ favor and obtaining a U-5 expungement: Scott Macolino and Roger Shaffer v. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc., 2005 NASD Arb. LEXIS 2661, Case No. 04-03671.
- Obtaining a defense verdict for client: Marilyn Banks v. Morgan Stanley DW, Inc., 2005 NASD Arb. LEXIS 2270, Case No. 04-06440.
- Obtaining a defense verdict for client: Thomas D. Johannson, Ann Tipton Johannson v. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc., 2005 NASD Arb. LEXIS 1561, Case No. 03-03414.
- Obtaining a favorable result for a client: J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC v. Morgan Stanley, et al., FINRA Case No. 11-03379.
- Obtained a favorable result for a client: John Wassenaar v. CF Global Trading, LLC, FINRA Case No. 11-03222.