Joseph B. Alonso, a member of Gregory Doyle’s Executive Committee and Head of the Restrictive Covenant Group, has a national practice litigating disputes over intellectual property, employee raiding, trade secrets and non-compete agreements in courts and arbitration and handles regulatory matters at the Federal and State level.
Experienced in technology, he regularly handles cases involving computer forensics and electronic theft claims. He also routinely represents financial advisors and financial services firms.
NOTABLE CLIENT HIGHLIGHTS
Mr. Alonso has won multiple, multi-million dollar awards for clients. Some of Mr. Alonso’s recent notable arbitration awards include:
- Obtaining a favorable result for a client: Stephen James Heil v. LPL Financial, et. al., FINRA Case No. 13-02673.
- Obtaining a favorable result for a client: Timothy Bastian v. Manarin Securities Corporation, AAA No. 01-14-0001-4647.
- Successfully obtaining a multi-million dollar award for client: Lance R. Beck v. SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, LLC, FINRA Case No. 08-02482.
- Obtaining a favorable result for a client: RBC Dain Rauscher v. Stephens, Inc., et al. FINRA Case No. 04-015322.
- Non-competes found unenforceable under Georgia law: Citigroup Global Markets, Inc. v. David W. Mulford, 2007 NASD Arb. LEXIS 1089, Case No. 06-03794.
- Successfully resolving a dispute in clients’ favor and obtaining a U-5 expungement: Scott Macolino and Roger Shaffer v. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc., 2005 NASD Arb. LEXIS 2661, Case No. 04-03671.
- Obtaining a defense verdict for client: Marilyn Banks v. Morgan Stanley DW, Inc., 2005 NASD Arb. LEXIS 2270, Case No. 04-06440.
- Obtaining a defense verdict for client: Thomas D. Johannson, Ann Tipton Johannson v. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc., 2005 NASD Arb. LEXIS 1561, Case No. 03-03414.
- Salomon Smith Barney, Inc. v. Gary B. Meyers, 2004 NASD Arb. LEXIS 1701, Case No. 02-04113.
- Claudia Sitar v. Morgan Stanley DW, Inc., 2004 NASD Arb. LEXIS 1041, Case No. 02-03438.
- Obtaining verdict for client: Daniel J. Higgins v. Fahnestock & Co., f/k/a Josephthal & Co., Inc., 2003 NASD Arb. LEXIS 2158, Case No. 02-06856.
- Obtaining a favorable result for a client: J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC v. Morgan Stanley, et al., FINRA Case No. 11-03379.
- Obtained a favorable result for a client: John Wassenaar v. CF Global Trading, LLC, FINRA Case No. 11-03222.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Board of Directors, Child Development Academy (2019)
- Member, Child Development Academy, Downhome Derby Fundraising Committee (2019)
- Member, Child Development Academy, Downhome Derby Fundraising Committee (2018)
- Member, Judicial Procedure and Administration Committee, State Bar of Georgia (2009-2010)
- Past President, North Fulton Bar Association (2009)
- Member, Board of Directors, Child Development Association (2009-2010)
- Graduate, Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy, State Bar of Georgia (2008)
- Graduate, Leadership North Fulton (2007)
- Chair, Law Day Committee and orchestrate Law Day for North Fulton Schools (2008, 2007);
- Volunteer speaker at Fulton County Schools (2004, 2005, 2007);
- Chair, Citizenship Drive Committee (2009, 2008, 2007);
- Speaker, New Attorney Swearing In (2008, 2005);
- Speaker, Broker Transition Securities Conference (2005-2009)
- Co-Chairs on the Patron’s Committee, Cobb Heart Ball (2006);
- Committee for Pegasus Ball, Child Development Association (2007, 2008, 2009);
- Chairperson of City of Johns Creek Municipal Court Committee;