Jeffrey Gaba, Practice Group Leader of Gregory Doyle’s Government & Real Estate practice, focuses his real estate practice in the areas of commercial and residential transactions, right-of-way acquisitions, condemnations, zoning, and local governmental law. He is an SBA 7(a) & 504 designated attorney and also represents numerous title insurance companies and insure in their defense of title insurance claims.
Mr. Gaba’s practice draws upon a wide variety of practical experience. He has served as in-house counsel for one of Georgia’s largest thrift institutions, as staff attorney for a governmental entity, and as a private practitioner representing financial institutions, government agencies, corporations, developers and individuals in real estate and corporate matters.
He is currently serving as a Special Assistant Attorney General of the State of Georgia in real estate and transportation issues for the Georgia Department of Transportation, University System of Georgia, The Board of Regents, and Department of Natural Resources.
Notable Client Highlights
Some of Mr. Gaba’s recent notable governmental highlights include:
- Successfully closed 30+ complex land assemblages for Cobb County for public park purposes.
- Successfully closed and/or condemned 700 commercial right-of-way acquisitions for Cobb County Department of Transportation on Roswell Road/Georgia 120.
- Successfully closed or condemned 300 commercial right-of-way acquisitions for Cobb County Department of Transportation on Barrett Parkway and US 41.
- Successfully closed and/or condemned 1800 commercial and residential right-of-way acquisitions for DeKalb County Department of Transportation on Memorial Drive, Henderson Mill Road,Candler Road and LaVista Road.
- Successfully acquired commercial right-of-way on behalf of the Georgia Department of Transportation for new access on Interstate I-20.
- Successfully acquired 300+ commercial and residential right-of-way on behalf of the Georgia Department of Transportation for access on Cobb/Paulding Highway.
- Successfully acquired complex commercial right-of-way on behalf of the Georgia Department of Transportation on Peachtree Street in Buckhead.
- Successfully closed the acquisition of numerous commercial properties for Cobb County to include the new government center, new court house, library, fire stations and parking decks.
- Successfully closed and/or condemned 4,000 commercial and residential right-of-way acquisitions in Douglas County, Paulding County, Bartow County, Fulton County, and Cobb County.
- Represented Board of Regents in numerous acquisitions for Kennesaw State University and Southern Polytechnic State University.
- Represented the Department of Natural Resources in acquisition of 7,000 acres.
Some of Mr. Gaba’s recent notable commercial real estate client highlights include:
- Represented several Philippine corporations purchasing businesses and real estate in Georgia and California.
- Represented owner on sale of two senior living centers ~ 34 million.
- Represented school board for land acquisition and development of new school locations– 17 million.
- Represented institutional lender in acquisition and financing of golf course.
- Represented several local lenders in closing SBA 7(a) transactions.
- Represented parties in land acquisition and financing of various shopping centers.
- Represented private school in acquisition of assemblage – 9 million.