Jeffrey Gaba, practice group leader of Gregory Doyle’s Government & Real Estate practice, focuses his real estate practice in the areas of commercial real estate transactions, right-of-way acquisitions, condemnations, zoning, and local governmental law. He also represents numerous title insurance companies and insured in their defense of title insurance claims.
Mr. Gaba’s practice draws upon a wide variety of practical experience. He has served as in-house counsel for one of Georgia’s largest thrift institutions, as staff attorney for a governmental entity, and as a private practitioner representing financial institutions, government agencies, corporations, developers and individuals in real estate and corporate matters.
He is currently serving as a Special Assistant Attorney General of the State of Georgia in real estate and transportation issues for the Georgia Department of Transportation, University System of Georgia, The Board of Regents, Department of Natural Resources and SRTA.
NOTABLE GOVERNMENTAL CLIENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Successfully closed over 75 complex land assemblages for Cobb County for public park purposes.
- Successfully closed and/or condemned over 700 commercial right-of-way acquisitions for Cobb County Department of Transportation on Roswell Road/Georgia 120.
- Successfully closed or condemned 300 commercial right-of-way acquisitions for Cobb County Department of Transportation on Barrett Parkway an US41.
- Successfully closed and/or condemned 1,800 commercial and residential right-of-way acquisitions for DeKalb County Department of Transportation on Memorial Drive, Henderson Mill Road, Candler Road and La Vista Road.
- Successfully acquired commercial right-of-way on behalf of the Georgia Department of Transportation for new access on Interstate I-20.
- Successfully acquired over 300 commercial and residential right-of-way on behalf of the Georgia Department of Transportation for access on Cobb/Spaulding Highway.
- Successfully acquired complex commercial right-of-way on behalf of the Georgia Department of Transportation on Peachtree Street in Buckhead, GA.
- Successfully closed the acquisition of numerous commercial properties for Cobb County to include the new government center, new court house, library, fire stations and parking decks.
- Successfully closed and/or condemned 4,000 commercial and residential right-of-way acquisitions for the Georgia Department of Transportation in Douglas County, Paulding County, Bartow County, Fulton County, and Cobb County.
- Represented Board of Regents in numerous acquisitions for Kennesaw State University and Southern Poly.
- Successfully represented the Department of Natural Resources in Acquisition of 7,000 acres.
NOTABLE COMMERCIAL CLIENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Represented several Philippine corporations purchasing businesses and real estate Georgia and California.
- Represented owner on sale of two senior living centers ($34 million)
- Represented school board for land acquisition and development of new school locations ($17 million)
- Represented institutional lender in acquisition and financing of golf course.
- Represented several local lenders in closing SBA 7(a) transactions.
- Represented parties in land acquisition and financing of various shopping centers.
- Represented private school in acquisition of assemblage ($9 million)
- Represented local county in acquisition of park land ($52 million)
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Georgia Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Real Property Section
- Title Standards Committee
- Member, National Asian Pacific Bar Association
- Director, Philippine American Chamber of Commerce
- Member and Former Board Member, National Filipino American Lawyers Association
- Vice President, Georgia Filipino American Bar