Jeffrey Gaba, practice group leader of Gregory Doyle’s Government & Real Estate practice, focuses his real estate practice in the areas of commercial and residential transactions, right-of-way acquisitions, condemnations, zoning, and local governmental law. He is an SBA 7(a) & 504 designated attorney and also represents numerous title insurance companies and insured in their defense of title insurance claims.
Mr. Gaba’s practice draws upon a wide variety of practical experience. He has served as in-house counsel for one of Georgia’s largest thrift institutions as staff attorney for a governmental entity, and as a private practitioner representing financial institutions, government agencies, corporations, developers and individuals in real estate and corporate matters. He is currently serving as a Special Assistant Attorney General of the State of Georgia in real estate and transportation issues for the Georgia Department of Transportation, University System of Georgia, The Board of Regents, and Department of Natural Resources.
Notable Client Highlights for Governments
Among Mr. Gaba’s notable achievements on behalf of his clients, he:
- Successfully closed 14 complex land assemblages for Cobb County for public park purposes.
- Successfully closed and/or condemned 456 commercial right-of- way acquisitions for Cobb County Department of Transportation on Roswell Road/Georgia 120.
- Successfully closed or condemned 150 commercial right-of-way acquisitions for Cobb County Department of Transportation on Barrett Parkway.
- Successfully closed and/or condemned 750 commercial and residential right-of-way acquisitions for DeKalb County Department of Transportation on Memorial Drive.
- Successfully acquired commercial right-of-way on behalf of the Georgia Department of Transportation for new access on Interstate I-20.
- Successfully closed the acquisition of numerous commercial properties for Cobb County to include the new government center, new court house, library, fire stations and parking decks.
- Successfully closed and/or condemned 3,000 commercial and residential right-of-way acquisitions in Douglas County, Paulding County, Bartow County, Fulton County, and Cobb County.
- Represented Board of Regents in numerous acquisitions for Kennesaw State University and Southern Poly.
- Represented the Department of Natural Resources in acquisition of 4,700 acres of forest/timber land.
- Represented the Department of Natural Resources in acquisition of 2,200 acres of timber land.
Notable Client Highlights For Commercial real estate
- Represented several Philippine corporations purchasing businesses and real estate in Georgia and California.
- Represented owner on sale of two senior living centers ~ 34 million.
- Represented school board for land acquisition and development of new school locations– 17 million.
- Represented institutional lender in acquisition and financing of golf course.
- Represented several local lenders in closing SBA 7(a) transactions.
- Represented parties in land acquisition and financing of various shopping centers.
- Represented private school in acquisition of assemblage – 9 million.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Georgia Bar Association
- Member, Real Property Section of The State Bar of Georgia
- Member, National Asian Pacific Bar Association
- Director, Philippine American Chamber of Commerce
- Member, National Filipino American Lawyers Association