As Managing Member of Gregory, Doyle, Calhoun & Rogers, LLC, H. Scott Gregory, Jr. provides executive leadership to the firm and its daily operations.
Mr. Gregory focuses his law practice in the areas of business law and commercial transactions. He regularly advises closely-held and family-owned companies with private offerings of debt and equity, mergers and acquisition, venture capital and private equity transactions, as well as general corporate and regulatory representation. He has represented international and domestic companies in healthcare, manufacturing, financial, distribution, agriculture, real estate, pharmaceutical and medical delivery and energy sectors.
Notable Client Highlights
Some of Mr. Gregory’s recent notable transactions include:
- Successfully represented a leading advisor to independent fund boards with approximately $21 billion in multi-asset “target date” retirement funds—in connection with its potential sale to Legal & General.
- Representing owners in the sale of their health care and pharmaceutical businesses in a stock transaction for $6 million and $7 million respectively.
- Representing an agricultural company in developing and executing a joint alliance agreement with multiple suppliers.
- Representing second and third generation family-owned businesses with succession, redemption and transition plans.
- Representing an agricultural company in negotiating supply agreements and asset purchase of processing facility located in the commonwealth of Virginia.
- Representing a healthcare service provider in negotiating an exclusive service agreement with General Electric.
- Representing a corporation in negotiating a six-year service agreement with a value of $20 million.
- Representing a government entity in negotiating and executing a program management agreement with a value of $26 million.
- Representing a corporation in negotiating the termination of a marketing agreement valued at $15 million.
- Representing sellers and purchasers in multiple stock and asset transactions in excess of $10 million.
- Representing stock purchasers in a private offering and negotiating the term sheet for a minority position in a health care company and sports good company.
- Representing corporations and individuals in restructuring debt in excess of $100 million with regards to commercial, residential development, retail and industrial projects.
- Representing an investment group in forming a holding company to own and operate a lending company in Great Britain
- Representing companies in forming joint ventures and strategic alliances with manufacturing companies in China.
- Advising corporations in the management of derivative actions brought by shareholders and members.
- Advising corporations and management regarding negotiation and management of multi-million dollar distribution agreements.