David L. Hammock, a member of Gregory Doyle’s Corporate and Transactional team, focuses his practice on real estate and local government matters.
Mr. Hammock has experience in all aspects of land use matters as affecting local governments. He has extensive experience in the drafting and review of ordinances, contracts, and other legal documents.
Notable Client Highlights
Some of Mr. Hammock’s notable achievements on behalf of his clients include:
- Advising Fulton County Board of Education on a $1.4 billion SPLOST resolution.
- Advising Cobb and Marietta Boards of Education on $850 million SPLOST resolution.
- Assisting Cobb County in the negotiation and closing of the purchase of a shopping center property to convert to administrative offices.
- Assisting Cobb County in the negotiation and closing of properties in order to expand Cobb Community Transit (CCT) operations.
- Serving as counsel for the Fulton County Board of Education in the annexation of the Banneker High School property in order to avail itself of the city’s redevelopment powers.
- Representing Cobb County Board of Education in an action to quiet title to old school site.
- Advising Cobb County Board of Education in the acquisition of replacement school sites for Brumby Elementary, East Cobb Middle, and Mountain View Elementary Schools, as well as the expansion of Osborne High School.
- Advising Cobb County Board of Education in the sale of unused Fitzhugh Lee school site.