As the leader of Gregory Doyle’s litigation team, Chuck Bachman is a seasoned litigator with more than a decade of trial and appeal experience in both federal and state court. While the majority of his practice involves representing employers in labor and employment law disputes, including claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act, he represents businesses, individuals as well as government entities in a wide variety of litigation.
Mr. Bachman also has extensive experience in franchise disputes, including successfully handling multiple trials involving franchise issues and related appeals to the Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court. In addition, Mr. Bachman has experience before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, including handling four cases this year alone. Mr. Bachman uses this experience in the federal and state appeals courts to develop a trial strategy that will maximum the opportunity for a successful appeal, if necessary.
Notable Client Highlights
Some of Mr. Bachman’s recent experience includes:
- Obtaining a reversal from the Georgia Supreme Court of a jury verdict of over $1 million;
- Representing a franchisor in disputes with franchisees, resulting in awards to the franchisor of almost $3 million;.
- Representing an agricultural company in a dispute with a supplier resulting in an arbitration award of over $1 million;
- Representing a school system in successfully resolving an FLSA collective action with almost 100 plaintiffs;
- Representing a school system in obtaining a dismissal of a lawsuit alleging constitutional violation in connection with the search of a student;
- Obtaining a reversal from the Georgia Court of Appeals, resulting in the trial court awarding over $100,000 in additional damages;
- Defending a company against claims of RICO, fraud, negligent misrepresentation and violation of Federal Trade Commission regulations, resulting in an award of no damages after a week-long jury trial;
- Representing companies against numerous EEOC charges and NLRB charges;
- Representing numerous employers in claims brought by employees alleging claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act, discrimination statutes, as well as various employment contract disputes, restrictive covenant issues, and other workplace issues;
- Working with many companies to draft employee handbooks, executive compensation agreements, agreements for commissioned salespeople, and other contract;
- Representing a licensed profession before the Georgia Board governing her professional to convince the Board to overturn its previous decision to revoke her license;
- Appearing in courts in Georgia, Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Delaware and Illinois
- Handling matters before arbitration panels, the Merit Protection Review Board, administrative law judges, and various administrative agencies
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Marietta Lawyers’ Club
- Past officer, Cobb County Bar Association
- Member, 2011 Leadership Cobb
- Previous Board Member, Leadership Cobb Alumni Association
- Board Member, Georgia United Methodist Foundation
- Previous Chair of the Board of Trustees of the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church. In this role, Mr. Bachman lead the negotiation of the sale of a 200+ acre undeveloped property in Gwinnett County, including working with other entities who claimed an interest in the property and with various government entities to ensure that the property remained undeveloped and could be used as public park.
- Active Member, Marietta First United Methodist Church
- Board Member, Marietta First United Methodist Church Youth Ministry Team
Publications & Speaking Engagements
In the News